MCDA Toolkit at KIT
What is Multi Criteria Decision Analysis?
These pages provide access to the Application, noteworthy recent Changes,
some Media, the
Sources, and the Documentation.
The application requires a Java Runtime Engine (JRE) version 11 or higher.
The to-go packages include a bundled JRE for convenience. However a JRE installed on your system is preferrable.
Any provider for a JRE implementation is fine. To give two examples:
To run the application, unpack the package and in the extracted directory do the following
- if you have a JRE installed either double click on the file "MCDA-GUI.jar"
or use the command line and type java -jar MCDA-GUI.jar
- if you use to-go with JRE included run "start.bat" on Windows, "start.sh" on Linux, or "start.command" on Mac.
For Linux and Mac you may have to change executable permissions or unpack using tar xpfz.
Current release 7.6 (April 2020)
Contains the most recent features and updates. New features are not comprehensively tested, but stable.
Beta releases (may be unstable)
Since version 7.6
- Basic implementation of Swing weighting
- Improved weight set functionality
- Improved wizard
- Improved ensemble visualisations
- Improved plugin system
Since version 7.5
- Several small but important bug fixes (weigth sets, qualitative sets, ...)
- Experimental export to and import from MS Excel
- Experimental export of report to MS Word
- Improved screenshot tools
Since version 7.4
- Qualitative value sets for criteria (e.g. sets with values like "low", "medium", "high")
- Weight sets for quickly switching between different preferences (e.g. of different persons, different times, ...)
- Another bubble chart for visualisation of ensemble evaluation results (outranking)
- One on one comparison of alternatives
Since version 7.2
- Improved normalizations (e.g. issues with all zero or negative criteria for Sum normalization)
- Fixed enumeration probabilities for values
Since version 7.1
Generated human readable report as HTML: english, german, spanish, slovak, french, italian, chinese, ...
Generated human readable report as DOCX: english, ...
MCDA-Core (backend engine)
MCDA-GUI (graphical user interface)
ShowAlternatives (plugin example)
Developer Guide (incomplete)
API of MCDA-Core
API of MCDA-GUI
Tracking with Bugzilla
The MCDA Tool, CONCERT
MCDA handling uncertainties, Radioprotection Journal
In general free to use for non-commercial purposes, provided that the MCDA project of KIT is referenced.
Commercial usage would be subject to negotiation. For details do not hesitate to contact us.