MCDA Toolkit at KIT
What is Multi Criteria Decision Analysis?
These pages provide access to the Application, noteworthy recent Changes,
some Media, the
Sources, and the Documentation.
The application requires Java 11 or higher runtime engine (JRE).
The to-go packages include a bundled JRE for convenience.
However a JRE installed on you system is preferrable.
To link just two out of many available providers for an JRE implementation:
Most recent version 7.4 (August 2019)
Previous version (January 2019)
To run the application, unzip the package and in the extracted directory do the following
- if you have a JRE installed either double click on the file "MCDA-GUI.jar"
or use the command line and type java -jar MCDA-GUI.jar
- if you use to-go for Windows run "start.bat" and on Linux run "start.sh".
For Linux you may have to set executable permissions.
Noteworthy recent changes
Since version 7.4
- Qualitative value sets for criteria (e.g. sets with values like "low", "medium", "high")
- Weight sets for quickly switching between different preferences (e.g. of different persons, different times, ...)
- New bubble chart for visualisation of ensemble evaluation results (outranking)
- One on one comparison of alternatives
Since version 7.2
- Improved normalizations (e.g. issues with all zero or negative criteria for Sum normalization)
- Fixed enumeration probabilities for values
Since version 7.1
Screenshot: work space showing common tools
Screenshot: work space showing less common tools
Report: analysis as human readable text (english, german, spanish, slovak)
Video: MCDA in a rush (complementing the User Guide below)
Video: Adding criteria and groups
Video: Evaluating ensembles
MCDA-Core (backend engine)
MCDA-GUI (graphical user interface)
ShowAlternatives (plugin example)
Developer Guide (incomplete)
API of MCDA-Core
API of MCDA-GUI
Tracking with Bugzilla
In general free to use for non-commercial purposes, provided that the MCDA project of KIT is referenced.
Commercial usage would be subject to negotiation. For details do not hesitate to contact us.